Havre de Grace Attorney
Initially admitted to practice law more than 25 years ago, April has a diverse background well suited to analyzing and addressing her client's needs. April devotes a portion of her current practice to providing basic estate planning to men and women who want to make sure their affairs are in order for themselves and their loved ones. Elder law counseling has become a larger part of the estate planning process and April helps her clients navigate the best possible outcomes based on their unique circumstances.
In addition, the estate administration process can be daunting, and April can assist with providing representation during the probate process. Because of experiences with her own family and friends, April offers an individualized approach which shows her passion for working with clients who have estate and elder law needs.
When not serving her estate and elder law clients, April focuses on representing small and startup businesses. The daughter of a business owner herself, April understands that while smaller or startup companies need quality legal representation, not all are able to retain the larger and more expensive downtown law firms. April's background in Delaware corporate and business law gives her a unique perspective and understanding not often found in small town law firms.
April has been able to successfully assist clients with diverse business issues such as basic startup matters, contract drafting and review, employment issues, liquor board applications, health department matters, landlord-tenant disputes, HOA matters, and civil litigation. April enjoys working with clients on routine matters but also welcomes the challenge of assisting clients with more complex legal issues.
April is currently the City Attorney for Havre de Grace, which is an appointed position. She enjoys practicing Municipal Law and feels she is able to give back to the community which has been her home since 1989. April resides in Havre de Grace with her husband and their four children, two dogs and cat. Her favorite past time boating on the northern Chesapeake Bay with her husband.
Attorney April Caso Ishak at a Glance
- Maryland 2009
- US District Court – District of Delaware 1990
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals 1991
- US District Court – District of Maryland 2012
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals 2012
- Rutgers School of Law, Camden, NJ 1989
- Rutgers University (Douglass College), NJ 1985
- Georgetown University, Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems 1984
Professional Experience & Memberships
- Stark and Keenan, Bel Air, Maryland 2010-2018
- Prickett, Jones & Elliott, Wilmington, Delaware 1989-1999
- Legal researcher and writer 1999-2008
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubble BV rated - Distinguished
- Appointed by Governor Hogan to the Open Meetings Compliance Board 2015
- Selected as General Counsel for MFRW 2018
- Appointed as City Attorney for the City of Havre de Grace 2017